- Antenatal care e.g. foetal monitoring
- OGTT – Glucose Testing
- Graft, Venus & Diascan Blood
- Lecture on Diet, Labour Process, Breastfeeding
- Obstetrics e.g. Labour/Delivery
- Postnatal care to mother & baby
- Neonatal care (nursery)
- Paediatric services
- Monitoring, Dressings, Medication
- Cord and Eye Care for Babies
- Sitz baths
- Referral e.g. Social Worker
- Treatment of gynaecological issues
- Surgical – Post & Pre up care
- Pain Management
Gynaecological Surgical intervention/procedures
- TAH (Total Abdominal Hysterectomy)
- BTL (Bilateral Tubal Ligation)
- Vaginal Hysterectomy
- Dilation & Curettage (D&C)/ ERPC etc.
- Management & Care of ill & premature neonates
- Counselling of parents & extended families
- Post surgical care of neonatal requiring surgical intervention
- Grief & loss counselling & support
- Ultrasound review
- Sexual assault examinations – DMO
- High Vaginal Swab – infections
- Monitoring of foetal heart beat
- Pregnancy complicated issues
- Emergency: PV Bleed etc.
- Referral to Social Workers & the Medical Research Foundation
- Medical Compliance
- HIV Testing of Partners
- PAPSMEAR – Mon- Fri
- IUCD (Inter Cervical Device and extraction
- Colposcopy testing – Tue, Wed, Thursday
- Distribution or oral contraceptive
- Breastfeeding education (Pre & Post delivery)
- Group counselling
- Individual Breastfeeding counselling
Antenatal Clinic – Monday-Thursday – 7:00 a.m.
Colposcopy – Tuesday and Wednesday – 8:00 a.m.
Gynaecology clinic – Monday-Thursday – 10:00 a.m.
Diabetic Clinic – Friday – 8:00 a.m.
Wellness Clinic – Every other Friday – 8:00 a.m.
Neonatology Clinic – Monday, Wednesday and Friday – 8:00 a.m.
Postnatal – 43 wards
Antenatal -22 beds
Gynelogoical and Obstetrics- 42
Neonatal Intensive Care – 24
Births – 10
- Blood investigations: – CBC, Sickle cell, DCT’S ,IDCT’S, HIV, Dengue, Thyroid Function, FSH, LH, BHCG, Ca125, CEA, Estrogen, Prolactin, Testosterone, Progesterone, FOB, DHEA-S
- Cross matching
- Blood Grouping
- Urine Pregnancy testing
- Semen analysis
- Blood cultures
- X-ray Services
- Dispensing of medication
- Registration e.g. Clinic
- Screening Process
- Clinic appointments
- Medical Reports
- Intervention/Counselling e.g for teenage pregnancy, HIV, Neonatal, Stillborns, mother with babies on the neonatal Ward.