Edited – 25th October 2023
The 2023 National Health Research Conference (NHRC) provides a forum in which local research findings can be shared with stakeholders to facilitate uptake and use in decision-making to address the country’s health priorities.
The Conference is made possible through the collaborative work of several partners in health:
• Ministry of Health
• Tobago House of Assembly (THA)
• Faculty of Medical Sciences & Caribbean Centre for Health Systems Research and Development, The University of the West Indies
• The University of Trinidad and Tobago
• The University of the Southern Caribbean
• The Five (5) Regional Health Authorities (RHAs)
The Conference will feature research papers (oral and poster presentations) on COVID-19 and Emerging Diseases, Chronic Non-Communicable Diseases, Clinical/Laboratory Studies, Mental Health, Veterinary Studies and more. The NHRC is attended by policymakers, researchers,health, and allied health professionals (physicians, nurses, psychologists, laboratory technicians,
etc.) and other public health officers.
The theme of the 2023 Conference is ‘Healthcare for the Future: Emerging Threats and Sustainable Solutions’.
Click the link below for more information.
One of the main speakers Dr. Wayne Frederick will be discussing A.I. and Healthcare on 17th November 2023 (see flyer below).